Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture is a non invasive, holistic and painless method of reducing the signs of aging, with results extending far beyond what is visible on the face. It is often referred to as an “Acupuncture Facelift” or “Acupuncture Facial”, and it is far more than a cosmetic procedure. It’s a rejuvenation and revitalization process designed to help the whole body both look and feel younger.
The Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture treatment is based on the principles of Oriental Medicine and involves the insertion of hair thin sterilized disposable acupuncture needles into symptom specific areas of the face, ears, neck, hands, trunk and legs. Point selection is customised by the Acupuncturist to treat the specific signs of aging and health imbalances as they occur in the body at the same time of treatment.
Thousands of years ago the Chinese discovered that many channels of energy either begin or end in the face, while others have internal branches that travel to the face: hence the connection with how our health influences our facial appearance. In a facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture treatment, the increased circulation of blood and energy rejuvenates the skin, while simultaneously treating the underlying factors that contribute to the aging process. For optimum benefits to be derived, one must seek a practitioner with advanced training and certification in this speciality.
The results of Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture may erase as many as five to fifteen years from the face, with results apparent as early as the first treatment. As the effects of acupuncture are cumulative, the results continue to improve throughout the treatment series. A course of treatment consists of ten to fifteen treatments administered once or twice a week, and maintenance or “booster” sessions can also be administered as desired, usually once every 4 to 6 months.
- improves muscle tone and dermal contraction
- increases collagen production and has an effect on its dispersal
- restores skin cells
- helps to eliminate bags under the eyes
- helps lift sagging jowls, and “double chins”
- helps eradicate puffiness by improving metabolism, thus dispersing excess fluids
- improves hormonal balance, thus benefiting hormonal acne
- helps to eliminate fine lines from the face and has a diminishing effect on larger wrinkles
- moisturises the skin by the increase of local circulation of blood and lymph (including oxygen and nutrients) to the face
- improves facial colour, evens complexion including age spots and redness
- tightens pores
- brightens the eyes
- helps to lift drooping eyelids
- reduces stress evident in the face
- promotes overall health and wellbeing
- brings out your beauty and radiance
- slows the aging process from within
- delays the hair turning gray and the loss of hair associated with aging
- benefits the sinuses, thyroid, eyes, ears and brain
- promotes self confidence
As an excellent alternative to cosmetic surgery and potentially dangerous procedures, Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture is much less costly and much safer, having no risk of disfigurement or side effects, and no recovery period.
You not only look better, but you will notice increased energy levels, more stabilised emotions, your stress dissolved and a sense of calmness, assisting you to feel increasingly good about yourself!