- Improves muscle tone and dermal contraction
- Increases collagen production and has an effect on its dispersal
- Restores skin cells
- Helps to eliminate and reduce bags under the eyes
- Benefits the lymphatic, endocrine and circulatory systems
- Decreases the tendency toward sagging, dropping and jowls.
- Helps to eliminate puffiness by improving metabolism and thus eliminating excess fluids
- Helps to eliminate fine lines of the face and has a diminishing effect on larger wrinkles
- Improves hormonal balance: thus, even people with hormonal acne can benefit
- Moisturises the skin by the increases local circulation of blood and lymph (incl. oxygen and nutrients) to the face
- Improves facial colour by the increase of peripheral circulation
- Reduces or eliminates double chins
- Tightens the pores
- Brightens the eyes
- Helps to lift drooping eyelids
- Reduces stress evident in the face
- Promotes overall health and wellbeing
- Brings out innate beauty and radiance
- Slows the ageing process, from constitutionally within
- Delays the hair turning grey and the loss of hair associated with ageing
- Benefits the sinuses, ears, eyes, thyroid and brain
- Reduces scarring
- Promotes self confidence
Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture is a virtually painless, non-invasive, wholistic method of reducing the signs of ageing, alongside treating palsy or disfigurement, with results extending well beyond what is visible on the face. It is often referred to as an “Acupuncture Facelift” or “Cosmetic Acupuncture”, but it is far more than a cosmetic procedure. It’s a rejuvenation and revitalisation process designed to help the whole body, mind and spirit.
The Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture treatment is based on the principles of Oriental Medicine and involves the insertion of hair-thin sterilized disposable acupuncture needles into specific areas of the face, ears, neck, hands, trunk and legs, along channels or meridians of energy (Qi) and Blood. Point selections are customised by the Certified Acupuncturist to treat the specific areas, and affect health imbalances as they occur in the body at the same time of treatment.
Thousands of years ago the Chinese discovered that many meridians either begin or end in the face, while others have internal branches that travel to the face: hence the connection with how our overall health influences our facial appearance, and another reason why your Acupuncturist chooses points distant from the face. In a Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture treatment, the increased circulation of blood and energy (Qi) rejuvenates the skin, while simultaneously treating the underlying factors that contribute to the skin, lifting, and ageing processes. As well as trauma, our stored emotions are etched onto our face, so treating the whole mind, body, spirit is essential.
The results of Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture may “erase” as many as five to fifteen years from the face, with results apparent as early as the first treatment. As the effects of acupuncture are cumulative, the results continue to improve throughout the treatment series. A course of treatments consist of ten to fifteen sessions (depending of lifestyle), administered once or twice a week, and maintenance or “booster” sessions can also be administered as desired, normally 2 – 4 times a year. With ongoing maintenance, results can last many years!
Other results you could likely experience include eye bags being reduced and possibly eliminated, jowls firmed and lifted, puffiness eradicated, facial colouring equalised, drooping eyelids lifted, age spots shrinking in size or in some cases disappearing altogether, double chins minimised and in many cases, eliminated. With the heightened local circulation of Qi and Blood to the face and stimulation of the lymphatic system, skin texture, tone and colouring improve visibly, moisture content of the skin improves, muscle tome increases, and pore size is regulated. Through local needle insertion, collagen production is stimulated in the area, which is part of how your wrinkles minimise and get “plumped up”.
There are 43 muscles in the face, and these are being stimulated and “re-trained” over subsequent facial acupuncture treatments. Many we don’t voluntarily use, but many muscles are being contracted with the acupuncture to firm and lift.
An excellent alternative to cosmetic surgery, toxins and potentially dangerous procedures, Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture is much less costly and is very safe, having no risk of disfigurement or side effects, and no recovery period. With Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture, you not only look better, but also find your energy levels increased, your stress minimised or dissolved and your emotions more balanced, assisting you to feel increasingly self confident and good about yourself.